6/13/15

Our new "Shelt"er

Here are some pictures of our new place! I thought about calling it the "Shelt"er (get it?), but I'm not sure it has the nice ring to it I'm looking for (like "Green Gables"). Anyway, here is the new shelter for the new Sheltons! I actually lived in this apartment by myself for a few weeks before we got married, while Tygan stayed with some relatives in Lehi. It’s on-campus married student housing called Wymount Terrace, near the Missionary Training Center.

This was our kitchen before we moved a bunch of stuff into it. I’m sure that’s the cleanest it will ever be under our care. :/

And our bathroom right when we moved in! Pink tiles everywhere. Awesome. Reminds me of my grandma’s house.

Some towels we received as wedding gifts! I love the monogrammed initials—I've never had monogrammed towels before—and they’re also quite fluffy! They also match the colors I want for our bathroom (golds, creams, and tans).

I made our kitchen table all cutesy and stuff! The napkins are leftover from our reception. :)

Our new microwave! We combined some of our gift cards to get it from Target. You never really know how hard life without a microwave is until you live it. See also our new toaster (wedding gift) and bacon (Tygan brought it home).
Bed! Actually, it’s an air mattress. We’re getting a real bedframe and mattress soon, but we did use our Bed, Bath, & Beyond gift cards to get a comforter and matching pillows! I feel like I live in a fancy home magazine now.

So. Much. Cardboard. Luckily our complex has a big cardboard recycling bin. We’re so grateful for the gifts we received that have allowed us to get our new home up and running!



No comments:

Post a Comment