So we have these huge white cinderblock walls in our apartment, which pains my heart a little bit every time I come home. It just doesn't look like a home without something to spruce it up a bit, and the one picture frame we got for our wedding (which I love, and I hope whoever gave it to us received their rightful thank-you card) wasn't quite cutting it on its own.
Actually I think the lone, little picture frame against all that stark white cinderblock made everything look even more pitiful.
And thus the gallery wall was born!
![]() |
| On the left is this idea that I made for our wedding; inside the words "SHE" and "HE" are photos of me and Tygan, and overlaid on top of that are phrases describing what we love about each other. Aw. We also have our wedding announcement and a little tag from our wedding favors, as well as The Family: A Proclamation to the World that the Boise temple gave to us. |
I knew that I had saved this webpage a while ago that gave some gallery wall guidelines, so I went at it. We got 150 free 4"x6" prints from Shutterfly because I was a new customer and they were having a special deal (apparently they have super great promotions cycling all the time), so we only had to pay shipping for those. Sine we already had a black-and-white clock and a black frame with a white mat, I decided to go with a black-and-white/grayscale theme. So I popped some of those black-and-white prints in some frames from Wal-mart and Deseret Industries, along with some momentos from our wedding, and voila!
It wasn't until after I hung it all that I realized they were all too close together and the wall still dwarfed it all.
![]() |
| Hmm, too much white space. Also, we have some of our own furniture now! Huzzah! |


No comments:
Post a Comment