5/12/16

Shelter #2 - Our New Apartment!

Our little Shelton family has moved to a new home! I read somewhere that you shouldn't post extensive pictures of the interior of your home, so here's a taste:


One wall of our living room. We bought some cube storage shelves for our books, and I love using the boxes to hold office supplies and electronics. Someday we'll add a TV on top.


Our bedroom has a lot of junk on the sides of our bed. We need to get nightstands! There's also a window and walk-in closet.


The other side of the living room. We have a lamp, and our card table and chairs. Finding, buying, and delivering couches seems like a huge task right now. 


The kitchen is on the third side of the living room. There's an island (covered in junk in this picture), a dishwasher, microwave, electric stove, and decent cupboard space, but no pantry so our dishes and our food fight for positions. The kitchen looks a lot better now that I've put everything away.

The walls everywhere are so blank, I'm itching to put up all our awesome frames.We even have a picture of the Boise temple in a brand-new frame. However, I want to wait until we get our couches and really decide where things should be placed before arranging any decorations. But again, buying furniture seems like such a big hurdle, I have no idea when that's going to happen.

Anyway, we love our new apartment! It's a lot bigger and newer than our previous one, and it has a washer and dryer too! My favorite parts include the dishwasher, washer/dryer, good air conditioning/heating, soft carpet, curved shower rod, counter space in the bathroom, lots of outlets in the kitchen, and of course the free hot chocolate from the coffee machine in the lobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment