8/31/16

Quotes from Elder Sun, Part 2


MY BROTHER COMES HOME ON OCTOBER 7!!!! Here are some of the latest gems from his emails:

"I am so grateful, so tremendously thankful for the opportunity to help bring joy to others - to be the answer to someone else's prayer. We all face challenges and problems in life. It's part of the test of mortality. Heavenly Father answers our prayers, helps us, and can comfort us through others. As we strive to follow Christ and have the Spirit, we can be a light to others. We will be able to overcome our own trials and then will be able to lift others around us."

"There are many areas that I which to improve personally and spiritually. The work is moving forth in exciting ways and I feel that, as we play such an important role, that we, too, learn so much. ... I've often wondered why I was called to be a zone leader when there are so many other capable, better missionaries to be zone leaders, but something that our Bishop said stuck with me. He said people who are called to leadership positions aren't necessarily the best missionaries. We are often called to a position so that we can learn and grow. Being a leader is just as much as it is for us as those we serve. ... Those He calls, He qualifies as we strive to do His will."

"I also think I've found my two new favorite hobbies - bowling, and boxing. We went bowling again last week - so much fun every time. ... Muay Thai boxing was honestly like a childhood dream."


"This morning, we visited a waterfall which was a bit slick. I slid and almost fell and during that moment, it like my whole mission flashed before my eyes. Luckily I didn't fall and we kept moving, which is what we're doing here in San Sai. It's a very challenging area and sometimes it feels like we slip at times, but we also catch ourselves or if we do fall, we allow Christ to lift us back up so we can keep moving."

"I'm excited to serve the Lord and to serve these Thai people until the last day and beyond."


No comments:

Post a Comment