Seven months kind of snuck up on me ... partly because he really hasn't changed much since he turned six months, and Tygan and I have been busy with other stuff like Tygan's birthday!
Growth & Development
- Clothing size: 6 mo.
- Diaper size: 3
- Reaching and grabbing for toys, faces, my glasses, etc.
- His hair is getting long
![]() |
| The most intentional thing I've seen him do is grab his burp cloth, stick it in his mouth, and let go, holding onto the cloth with his gums. |
Likes
- Holding things in his mouth
- Watching other kids play at the park
- Music, especially this free shapes/colors/animals songs CD I got for free
- Silly voices and faces
Dislikes
- Baby food
- The blender running for longer than a minute
- Staying up past bedtime
- Taking naps at other people's houses
Fun Facts
- He'll open his mouth any time you wave something in front of his face, unless it's baby food.
- We go to the park almost every day. It's been unseasonably warm. He likes going on walks too.
- Common comment: "His hair is getting so long!" I didn't realize how bald he used to be until I looked back at his four-month pictures. Wow!
Sleep
I'm so glad we have a "good sleeper," although there's always room for improvement. ;) He goes to bed around 8:30, dreamfeeds around 11:00, and wakes up around 6:30-7:30, so that's like ... seven hours of sleep every night! Sadly, I haven't been sleeping so well; he wakes up a couple times in the middle of the night, going back to sleep on his own after whining for a couple of minutes, but it always wakes me up.
Eating
Levi has tried pureed forms of sweet potatoes, bananas, butternut squash, carrots, pears, apples, and pumpkin. Most of the time we use store-bought baby food, but I'll often make homemade purees as well. He doesn't seem to like anything, and the new food is a little harder to digest, but I don't think he's actually allergic to anything. We'll just keep offering, and probably try a few "baby-led weaning" strategies, although his slight delay in other areas (rolling over, sitting independently) makes me hesitant to try foods that present a potentially greater choking hazard.
Looking forward to:
- Sitting up, rolling back to front
- Enjoying other foods more
- Levi's first Halloween! Is it weird to go trick-or-treating if your kid isn't old enough to eat candy yet?







No comments:
Post a Comment