11/17/17

Halloween 2017

This was a great Halloween! I love Halloween, although this year I didn't have the energy to do all of our traditions, like carve Jack-O-Lanterns. Still, it was an awesome Halloween; my favorite part was having an excuse to go trick-or-treating now that we have a little one!

Tygan's Chocolate Chipotle Chili (from the Our Best Bites cookbook) won the "Most Unique" award at the church's chili cook-off. Now we can call it his "award-winning" chili ... even if it wasn't an award for best taste.


I had a lot of ideas of what our family costume could be, but at Savannah's recommendation we went with Ratatouille! Levi was Remy the Rat, Tygan was Linguini, and I was Colette.

Remy: headband from Wal-mart, covered with fabric and hot glue; face paint from dollar store; tail made of more pink fabric. Pair with gray clothes and wooden spoon.
Linguini: chef's hat from Goodwill, apron made out of an old sheet
Colette: chef's coat from Amazon, apron made out of an old sheet

It helped that Tygan has red hair, like Linguini, and I have short, straight dark hair like Colette. This family costume is how we found out Levi loves to play with kitchen utensils like spoons and spatulas.



I also found a baby lobster costume at the local child's clothing consignment store for about $5 and couldn't resist! This is what Levi wore when we went trick-or-treating because it held together better and was warmer than the Remy costume.



 Also, it went really well with the chef costume! I was happy to see that he just barely fit into our big stock pot. People thought it was really cute.
 

Now we just need to figure out what to do with all our candy! I hope your Halloween was a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment