9/11/20

Seven Months in the Life of Hazel

 

Hazel is seven months! To be honest, I thought things would be much easier by now, but I do think we're getting more of a rhythm and there is a little less chaos in our home.


Growth & Development
  • Weight: probably about 13 pounds
  • Clothing size: 6 mo., some 6-9 mo. (she's pretty long)
  • Diaper size: 3
  • Moves toys between hands (I think she's done this for a while though)
  • Almost has figured out high-fives
  • Says ma, ba, da
  • Sits unsupported but falls over now and then

Likes
  • Blowing raspberries
  • Putting things in her mouth
  • Squishy hugs
  • New toys
  • Being sung to
  • Vegetable baby food like sweet potatoes, green beans, peas
  • Teething crackers
  • When people make funny faces at her

 
Dislikes
  • Fruit
  • Falling over when she's sitting
  • Baths
  • Seeing Mama leave
 

Fun Facts
  • Finally got to go to a swimming pool for the first time! We went to a public outdoor (heated) pool on a cold day so there wasn't anybody there, to be cautious with the pandemic. She didn't seem to care, as long as I was holding her. She didn't like having her swimming suit put on and taken off. She seemed to sort of like splashing, if I took her arm and showed her how.
  • We got to go on the swings at the park a few times too, and she seemed to like that! Levi loved swinging as a baby and I'm hoping to get her accustomed to it too as much as I can.
 
Sleeping
We moved her to a Zipadee-zip and she seems to like it. One night I heard her crying and decided to give her ten minutes before checking the monitor; she went quiet and I looked a while later and saw she had rolled onto her belly for the first time! She's done it once or twice again in her crib since then, but I've never been able to get her to do it during awake time. She still struggles with early morning wake-ups, usually waking between 5 and 6:30 a.m. We really pushed her waketimes and got her to drop her third nap, and she started taking two naps for at least an hour each almost every day!

 
Eating
We do a bottle of pumped milk before bed as well as four other feedings during the day, and a dream feed at 10:30. The feeding between her second nap and her bedtime feed--when her third nap used to be--can be a struggle. We continue to offer solids twice a day and she eats about an ounce.


No comments:

Post a Comment