My ring was made by Custom Ring Designs in Provo, and it was quite the process to decide what I wanted! I feel like the requirement for women to wear both an engagement ring and a wedding band is kind of outdated, but I like having the option of wearing something more simple when the stone/setting might get in the way during certain activities (like diaper changes!). However, I find wearing two rings on one finger to be uncomfortable...but welding the two together would negate the option of just wearing the band...
Enter the interlocking wedding ring! There are different names for this invention, but basically, the wedding band fits inside the engagement ring, allowing them to be worn together but preventing them from sliding all over your finger and causing that pinching feeling that I don't like about wearing two rings on the same finger.
Above is what my ring looks like with the wedding band removed from the middle. My band, below, is just a simple white-gold band, and it slides right into the engagement ring from the back.
The other thing I like about my ring is that the stone is actually moissanite, not diamond (my choice; Tygan would have gotten a diamond, but I really liked moissanite). I like that it's not as expensive, but it's almost as strong, and it's something different. Not focusing on having a big diamond allowed us to spend more on having the setting that I wanted; should I choose to, I can always "upgrade" the stone, but it would be harder to change the setting.
![]() |
| Photo credit: Davis Hilton Photography |
I love little things like that. I think every wedding ring has a story that shows a little about the two people and their unique relationship, and it's lovely.
Oh, and if you're curious, Tygan decided what ring to get by choosing his favorite from my Pinterest board of wedding stuff (I have a few interlocking designs pinned there). I think he did a good job!



Your ring is gorgeous! I love the unique setting and the interlocking band design.
ReplyDeleteThanks!
Delete