Two months! Blah blah blah pictures!
Growth & Development
- Weight: 9 lbs. 7 oz,
- Clothing size: Newborn & 0-3 month
- Diaper size: 1 (just moved up!)
- You can definitely notice him tracking with his eyes. He likes faces.
- His neck seems really strong; he'll often use his head to launch himself to one side when you're holding him on your shoulder.
Likes
- Mirrors
- Being worn in my wrap carrier
- Being held upright on the chest/shoulder
- Being read or sung to
- Music, I think
- Soothie-type pacifiers (still working on being able to keep it in his mouth on his own)
- Spitting up in his bed
- Windy days
- Cold milk
- Car seat (still)
- Sleeping for longer than three hours :(
- Nicknames from his parents: Babes, Mr. Hiccups, Buddy, Chub Chubs, Fatso (because we're excited about how much he's growing!)
- Everyone has that one brand of diapers that does not work for them. Turns out ours is Huggies...
- Most common comments: "He weighs nothing!" (from people who've been holding older babies) and "He looks so much like his dad!" (much to my chagrin)
- His hair looks the most red in the sunlight.
- I've noticed he prefers to turn his head to the right and may be developing a flattish spot there. Sometimes I try to reposition him, but it's not worth it if I think it will wake him up.
- Sometimes he flips people off on accident. (I assume on accident?)
It's going well! He still takes a while to eat, but since he's gaining weight so well, I haven't been putting too much effort into making sure he eats a lot. Usually it's about 20-30 minutes including burping. He spits up a lot, but it doesn't seem like a large enough volume to be concerned about. Tygan gives Levi a bottle of pumped milk a few nights a week so I can get more sleep, which is really nice. We usually offer 3-5 ounces in a bottle. We tried giving him milk straight from the fridge yesterday, and he wasn't a fan! He eats every three hours during the day and every 3-4 hours at night.
Sleeping
During the day, he will only nap about 30 minutes on his own. I think he has trouble staying asleep as he makes the transition from deep sleep to active sleep, possibly because he has some gas/spit up making him uncomfortable. It used to really stress me out, but now I've just accepted it as his normal until he's old enough to sleep train. When he wakes up, I sometimes try to put him back down, or I'll hold him, use his swing, or wear him in my carrier. He's really good at sleeping while being held, which is great for church and stuff.

Looking forward to...
- Seeing a real smile
- Getting better at keeping a pacifier in his mouth
- Maybe sleeping longer at night?
- Seeing his reaction when we dip his legs in the pool
You know, people usually say that this time goes by really quickly, but I feel like this has been the longest two months of my life (hmm, maybe tied with the two months I spent in the Amazon). Babies are a lot of work, but we're starting to get a rhythm now, and I think it keep getting better.





No comments:
Post a Comment