6/19/17

Three Months in the Life of Levi


Many people count the "newborn" stage as the first three months, so...we've made it! I thought I would be sad when my baby wasn't a newborn anymore, but so far I'm just glad he's happy and growing. (And he's only the size of a 2-month-old anyway.) It's so fun that in these first weeks and months, they change and develop so much. It feels like he's learned so much now, and I love seeing that progress we've made together.


Growth & Development

  • Weight: He doesn't have a check-up this month. Probably 11 pounds?
  • Clothing size: 0-3 month and 3 month
  • Diaper size: 1 (we need to move up a size soon though)
  • Smiles a little and makes some cooing noises!
  • He's lost a lot of hair
Likes
  • Being held in upright positions
  • Nuk brand pacifiers (he's better at keeping that kind in his mouth)
  • His new (borrowed) bouncer
  • Watching The Office
  • Bathtime (he used to hate it!)

Dislikes
  • Spitting up (he spits up SO MUCH)
  • Being in the stroller when he's awake
  • Grocery shopping
 Fun Facts
  • His Grandpa calls him Buster and his Grandma Juju calls him Boo Boos and Bubba
  • Besides his first smile, this last month brought a lot of First Experiences:
    • plane ride
    • wedding
    • stroller ride
    • baby blessing
    • trip to a water park
    • trip to downtown & farmer's market
    • going to the movie theater
    • swinging at the park
    • meeting all his aunts and uncles, and his grandpa
  • Most common comments: "He looks like he's from an Anne Geddes photo!" and "He's so little!" (I promise he's growing!)
  • Rather than peaking at 6 weeks, his fussiness/crying has steadily increased over time, BUT he's generally an easy-going baby so it's not too bad. He likes to quietly observe much of the time.
  • Doing much better with  his car seat! I think it helps that we removed the newborn inserts so it fits him better now.
  • Tygan's dad: "How does this Father's Day compare to Father's Days before you had a child?" Tygan: "Well, I'm more tired now." Truth!


Breastfeeding
I've been breastfeeding for three months, which is halfway to my goal! Woo-hoo! He usually eats for about 10 minutes, but we spend another 10 minutes burping him to avoid spit-up. I'm starting to avoid dairy to see if that helps, but I love cheese ... and chocolate ... and butter ...


Sleeping
He pretty much sleeps the same as he did a month ago, although sometimes we can get him to sleep longer with the pacifier. Instead of yawning and getting droopy-eyed when he's sleepy, he now gets fussy and irritable, so we have different cues to look out for now but he's still pretty good about being put down for sleep. UPDATE: Actually, I forgot that at two months he would always eat at least twice during the night. Now he often only eats once, usually around 3 a.m. I'm excited about that progress! ...but trying not to get too excited, because I know regression is just around the corner...


Looking forward to...
  • Smiling in reaction to something I do ... right now it still seems kind of random
  • Learning to grasp toys
  • Getting big enough to wear disposable swim diapers
  • Discovering hands and feet
It's kind of crazy how much better I feel now than I did a month ago. I feel like part of it is Levi getting bigger and somewhat more predictable, and a lot of it is just me having time to adjust and feel more normal. Levi and I have learned a lot together, the day-to-day seems much more enjoyable, and Levi feels more like my baby. The more I get to know him, the more I love him. There are definitely frustrating days, and I know I couldn't handle this job without Tygan's daddy powers too, but I don't hate being a mom anymore. That's pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment