For our weekly date a couple weeks (ish?) ago, we tried out 180 Tacos! I happened to have a $5 off coupon, and we love trying new foods, so it was a no-brainer. And 180 Tacos is definitely a place to go if you want to try something new. Their angle is making tacos with flavors from other cuisines, like Asian, Caribbean and American as well as Mexican. They also have a food truck that shows up every now and then.
Seriously I need to figure out how to take more appetizing photos of food.
So we got us some Asian nachos, Chili Orange Shrimp tacos, and a Cascabel Chicken stacked enchilada. I liked the environment and service, and the nachos were definitely my favorite thing we ate there -- although they should have definitely put the little chili pepper icon spiciness indicator on the menu next to it, because woooo! That was hot. I love spicy stuff; it's just nice to be warned beforehand.
The Cascabel Chicken wasn't my favorite, but I think poblano sauce just has a weird taste for me. The shrimp tacos were pretty good, but really the Asian nachos were just the best. They had like pseudo-kimchi and cilantro and a sweet kind of chili sauce and cheese and it was just amazing.
I don't know if we'll ever go there again because I thought the tacos were so-so, but if we do. I am all over those nachos.

No comments:
Post a Comment