9/23/15

Weekly Date: Dinner, Drinks, and a Movie

A couple weeks ago we went to Pantruca's for dinner, a Chilean restaurant that I've actually been to before with my Spanish class at BYU. Tygan heard about it from a coworker and wanted to try it out. First of all, their mango juice was awesome. (If you like mangoes, I guess. If you don't like mangoes, I can't help you, you poor, poor soul.) It was like pure, creamy thick mango in liquid form.

Look at that handsome man and the giant mug of mango that we shared. Yum.

We had some delicious enchiladas and a great steak-and-fries plate. The steak was super red and tender. Sometimes I'm freaked out by rare steaks, but you have to admit that they taste great. Neither of us got sick, though—which is kind of a miracle because there were like five bazillion food safety violations going on in there I work for a company that develops training for food handlers and managers, so I'm pretty aware of the rules for that sort of thing. This place was certainly authentic, that's for sure.

Afterward we went to BYU's on-campus movie theater for a dollar movie, Inside Out. It was the first time we'd seen it! I liked it, and Tygan loved it. The next day at church, Tygan kept commenting about how the themes in Inside Out applied to our lesson. Overall, it was a very fun and cute movie and I think the message was really valuable.

Source: http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BOTgxMDQwMDk0OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjU5OTg2NDE@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

***Spoiler Alert*** I thought that the whole conflict with Sadness and everything was going to be about depression, especially as Riley moved in to her teenage years. I know there have been efforts to bring more awareness about depression and other mental/emotional illnesses, so I thought maybe that's where it was going to go. But I liked what they ended up doing, too: I like that the movie taught, you know, sometimes we're sad, and that's okay, and it helps us create good times too. ***End Spoiler Alert***

Afterward I surprised Tygan with a bottle of sparkling cider I picked up at the bookstore (or "BYU Store." I will never get used to that change). We were on campus earlier that day; while Tygan worked in the engineering lab, I wandered the bookstore for something to blow a leftover gift card on. At the candy counter they had these neat bottles of sparkling cider with little plastic champagne cups!

It was wrapped in cute heart-decorated cellophane :)

So fancy! Bubbly makes everything better.

I also bought us some chocolates to share. Fancy drinks and chocolate feel so romantic to me, although perhaps it would have been more romantic with candles. (We're not allowed to have open flame in our apartment. Which is probably a good thing.) It was a great way to end the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment