10/11/15

General Conference Oct. 2015

What a great conference weekend! I'm so glad Tygan and I got to spend some time together at home and listen to some awesome messages.

We're at an awesome stage in our lives where we watch TV on our laptops instead of an actual TV.
 Leading up to Conference, I kept trying to think of what we should establish as our family tradition for General Conference. I couldn't think of anything, but we did end up making an experimental breakfast food, so maybe that will be our tradition!

Chef Tygan at the kitchen helm!
I found out early on that Tygan and I have different approaches to Conference note-taking. I'm more the boring, organized bullet-point type; Tygan likes to draw pictures of space sharks:

Elder Keetch's talk inspired this piece of art.
My main takeaway is that I should simplify and trust God by doing the following:
  • Improve consistency in personal prayer and scripture reading.
  • Whenever tempted to have a negative thought about someone, try to remember what matters most. Focus on family.
  • Hold regular "personal councils," asking God what is keeping me from progressing, then listening and acting one step at a time.
  • Do not fear trials. Don't dwell on what could go wrong; remember that it will all work out.
  • Continue to save money and avoid debt. (Glad I got my budget squared away yesterday!)
  • "Ponderize" a scripture weekly.
It was a pretty solid weekend. Let's hope it makes a pretty solid six months.

No comments:

Post a Comment