11/7/15

Closet Puuuurge

I've known for a while that I needed to go through my closet (don't we all?), but it was seeing an article about Project 333 that really got me going.

Project 333 isn't the first time I've heard of minimalist or "capsule" wardrobes; my favorite discussion on the topic is on one of my favorite blogs, Putting Me Together.

So I went through all my clothes and made a HUUUGE bag of things to give away. I realized that I favor navy blue and black with some pinkish reds and deep greens thrown in there.

The slimmed-down closet!
So far the experiment has been going well, although I chose a bigger number than 33, which is great with the colder whether coming on. But I think it's nice to spend less time trying to figure out if I can wear two things together, and realizing I can't wear that one thing because the other thing is dirty ... The point of having a wardrobe like this is that you can pair everything with nearly everything, and its simple nature forces you to stay away from persnickety pieces that fit weird or only look good if you have that other layer to go with it. I realized that there's no reason I can't wear my favorite outfit every week; I don't have to save it so it feels special. I feel like my outfits are more put together [almost] every day.

Now if I can just get Tygan down to 33 ties ...

The forest of ties!

No comments:

Post a Comment