11/1/15

Photoshop & Scriptures (& Quotes)

A few years ago, I wrote out my favorite phrases from scriptures, as well as some of my favorite thoughts and famous quotes, on small rectangles of colored paper. It was meant to be something of an inspirational calendar; I could post a new inspirational thought on my desk each week or so.


My use of these quotes was somewhat sporadic, but it was nice to pull out a new colorful quote every now and then.

Sadly, these cute little papers now count as clutter in our new little apartment. Before throwing them away, though, I decided to save new versions of them on my computer so I could keep my favorite quotes around and maybe use them again someday. Plus, it gives me a great project to practice my Photoshop skills with. Here are the ones I've made so far:










(Winston Churchill, 1941)



Some of them are more successful than others. I think that's good, for me to be able to compare them and see what I like or don't like and how I can improve my design skills in the future. Oh, and it's good to be constantly re-reading these uplifting thoughts and scriptures, too. :) I hope to continue making these for my weekly scriptures so I can keep practicing design and figuring out what Photoshop can do. It's a lot of fun for me and provides something productive to do while Tygan does homework!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You continue to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mom! I added the tag "things our moms can brag about" since it impressed you. :D

    ReplyDelete