1/18/16

Review: Hogfather

Hogfather Hogfather by Terry Pratchett
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was my first exposure to Terry Pratchett's Discworld, and one thing I learned in particular from this book was that this is a world where "if you can believe it, you can see it" truly applies--but not always in a good way. Probably mostly in a bad way. It was really fun to read and had some clever, laugh-out-loud moments. Minus a star because of frequent mild profanity and because the story dragged in a few places, especially with the wizards' conversations, but overall the characters were likable and the plot was interesting. I frequently thought "I have no idea what's going on" throughout this book, but I was able to enjoy the ride anyway. If you're looking for a book that makes sense, well, this is not it. If you want something quirky and equal parts lighthearted and dark, try this one out next Christmas.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment