September 15, 2016
Basically, my digestive system feels like it has been rebelling against me for the past couple weeks. Eating troubles, bathroom troubles, nausea, heartburn, the works. (Except actual vomiting...although I almost threw up on Tygan the last time I ate a quesadilla. Oops.) I hate food.
On the plus side, I think my energy might start to pick up soon. I've been enjoying exercise more, and I switched to a prenatal vitamin that has iron in it. Still some breast pain and a little moodiness.
We decided to do the genetic screening after all, and I don't know why I was so worried about it before. (Hormones?) Turns out that it's completely covered by our insurance, and there's no risk to Baby Trouble (our embryo-almost-fetus's new nickname), so I just have to drag myself to some extra appointments. Hope everything checks out okay!
10 Weeks: Food is (Still) the Enemy
September 20, 2016
So. This was a bit of a low week. My new prenatal vitamin is making my symptoms much worse. [I deleted a lot of details here...just trust me, it was bad.] I have occasional headaches as well and am somewhat emotional.
So. This was a bit of a low week. My new prenatal vitamin is making my symptoms much worse. [I deleted a lot of details here...just trust me, it was bad.] I have occasional headaches as well and am somewhat emotional.
On the plus side, I feel like I have more energy when I'm not feeling sick, and my first ultrasound is tomorrow! They probably would have done it at the first appointment, but my clinic is mostly for family medicine so they don't have ultrasound equipment there. I didn't know until recently that you had to have a full bladder for ultrasounds. I get why it's medically necessary, but it feels like it's just to make me even more uncomfortable!
11 Weeks: Same Old
September 30, 2016
How far along: 11 weeks 6 days
While the nature of my symptoms has been much the same this week, I think they are lessening in intensity. Whether that's really true or a placebo effect from nearing the end of the first trimester, I don't care, I'll take what I can get!
How far along: 11 weeks 6 days
While the nature of my symptoms has been much the same this week, I think they are lessening in intensity. Whether that's really true or a placebo effect from nearing the end of the first trimester, I don't care, I'll take what I can get!
We got our first ultrasound last week! The full-bladder thing wasn't actually that bad, and it was really cool to see how everything worked. In another life, maybe I would have become an ultrasound technician, because what an experience! It's true what they say: everyone else's ultrasounds are incomprehensible alien photos, but OUR ultrasound was BABY MAGIC! To be honest, the wonder has worn off a bit but I remember that the actual moment was incredible. It makes such a difference to actually see the little arms and legs moving, and our little guy/girl actually made a couple coughing/hiccuping motions too. It was adorable and I would probably even say life-changing. It made me less bitter about pregnancy sickness, at least.
October 7, 2016
As we come to the close of the first trimester, it's starting to feel like things are going to move more quickly now! I've started to gain weight and get more excited about this whole idea. Tygan narrowed our names list to ten or fifteen, we took "announcement" pictures, and I got to hear the heartbeat again at my appointment yesterday! (150 bpm, right in the sweet spot.)
I wanted to do an announcement that was really specific to our family, and both Tygan and I love reading, so we staged it in the library. We're definitely not the best actors, but I think the pictures turned out very "us."
Tygan found a random book with baby feet on the cover called Most Wanted. Turns out it's a murder mystery. Awesome.
I also made a simple Instagram icon for the blog. My Instagram account is private, so I post more location-specific or silly stuff there...and baby stuff, when the time comes. :)








No comments:
Post a Comment