I was SO READY to regale you with this week's tales of pregnancy discomforts and woe...but then there were so many moments in the past few days that made me realize how happy I am with how this pregnancy is going:
- Like when one of the hostesses of my upcoming baby shower sent me pictures of the adorable decorations she's putting together and how excited she is for it.
- Like when our photographer friend posted about my "pregnancy glow" on Instagram and many of her photographer friends (who don't even know me) agreed. Granted, she took this picture back when I wasn't even showing, but I was feeling pretty sick, so I think it counts.
- Like the day I was complaining to Tygan about how the baby feels the need to duel with my internal organs, and then I found out one of my pregnant friends isn't feeling her baby move very often and might have to get monitored. (This wasn't a happy one, but it definitely gave some perspective to the painful baby kicks.)(Update: her baby's fine, just not a big mover.)
- Like the day I ran for a whole mile straight for the first time in a while.
- Like when I found Baby Trouble's name in What to Expect: The First Year.
- Like when I went to my OB appointment today and was told my weight is on track! (It dipped a bit a couple weeks ago.) My doctor even complimented me on having such a normal pregnancy, and then I laughed and said sarcastically, "Sure, I'll take credit for that!" because so much is uncontrollable in pregnancy. But she said, no really, you were really healthy before getting pregnant so that helps a lot. And I guess she has a point, I do try. So that was nice.
Anyway, life is good. It will be even better when this baby is on the outside of me.


Yay for happy moments! And for the happy moments to come! You definitely do have a "glow", and I can't believe you're still running. That's amazing. I can't get myself to run a mile straight, even without another human being inside me. Haha. Go, Diana!
ReplyDelete