Me: Do you think we should buy another swaddler?
Tygan: Nah, I don't think we'll need it.
Tygan: But we definitely need these six picture books.
We got our car seat this week from Amazon! I'm working on setting up a car seat check. Apparently there are a lot of injuries from car seats being improperly installed, so I'm looking forward to have an expert okay everything.
Things have been looking good at my OB appointments. My weight is on the low end, but still within a healthy range. I think it's because food either doesn't sound good, or just seems like too much work, so I try to prepare some snacks in individual portions when I have some energy. Which is rarely.
Luckily, even though I'm not a big fan of being pregnant, at least I didn't have to go to the ER this week, and I don't have hormonal crying fits, or swollen feet that have made my ankles disappear (all things my pregnant friends have dealt with recently). I think the weirdest thing is I'm starting to fall out of bonding with the baby, if that makes sense. This tiny bony bum is literally a pain in my side, and I often wonder if it's really going to be any better after I give birth. Which is why I loved this piece I came across on Alpha Mom:
Whether it takes two hours or a few days or weeks, I know I'll start bonding with this little meatloaf again. I got to hold my friend's week-old baby yesterday, and the way he nuzzled me (looking for food, probably...I don't have any yet, sorry buddy) was pretty magical.Look, I’m not going to B.S. you here. Having kids is amazing, life-changing, frustrating, draining, exhausting and humbling. It is the hardest thing I’ve ever done. It is the most rewarding thing I’ve ever done. It’s every cliche you’ve ever heard.Babies are small giant sucking vortexes of need and responsibility. They come into the world completely helpless, completely dependent on you. YOU. You you you you. You, with the boobs and the body they just possibly thoroughly WRECKED while making their grand entrance into the world. They will cry and cling and wail while you repeatedly bend to the endless whims of this…well, this small strange alien-like meatloaf who poops in their pants and refuses to sleep.And you will love them. You will love them so hard it will terrify you a little bit. You knew YOUR world would change once you had a baby but you didn’t know THE world would also change. THE world suddenly becomes a scary place, full of awful things that are now your responsibility to keep at bay, to shield your helpless squalling meatloaf from, because if something happened… If anything happened….And that’s all in like, the first two hours.

No comments:
Post a Comment