2/20/17

Weekly Date: ICE CASTLESSSS. Also food train.

You guys. I've been wanting to go to the Ice Castles ever since I heard about the ones in Midway, UT, like two years ago. When we moved to Wisconsin, that was one of the things I regretted never getting around to. Imagine my excitement when I found out the Castles were coming to Wisconsin Dells! (That's about an hour north of here.) That's what we did for date night a couple weeks ago.

Tygan had fun crawling through all of the tunnels and slides, while I contented myself by staying dry and playing with my new fancy camera!












It was actually pretty warm that day, above freezing, so the ice stalactites were dripping on us a bit. Afterward, we went to Buffalo Phil's, a restaurant our friends recommended because of the food-delivering train.


It's kind of hard to see, but basically there's small trains that run on tracks around the tables and bring your basket with your burger and fries, etc. We also had a human waiter who took our orders and brought our drinks and larger items.

That was the last weekend the Ice Castles were open in the Dells, so I'm glad we got to go! To be honest, they felt smaller in person than they seemed in pictures, but it was still a novelty and something I'm glad I got to check off my bucket list.

1 comment: