3/14/17

34 Weeks: Feeling It


Well this post is pretty late. But there's not much to say ... things are pretty much same old, same old over here. Did I mention the nausea is back? The nausea is back.

I feel ... pregnant. My ribs hurt, I have all the heartburn, and I had to switch from running to walking because my hips felt like they were tearing apart. 'Tis okay, only six weeks left! And I still have little to no swelling or back pain, which I think would be really hard for me to deal with.

We got our car seat checked out last week, which isn't required (not by law or anything), but we're really glad we did because we have an older car that makes it harder to get a good fit for new car seat models. It wasn't that difficult to install the seat, but it was way too loose. The car seat safety technician gave us a "locking clip" to make the seatbelt tighter, and now we feel a lot better about it.

We picked up a few last items from our baby shopping list, and I think we're ready! I mean, as far as having "stuff" goes. Emotionally, eh, we're as ready as we're ever going to get. I definitely feel DONE with being pregnant, but I felt that way at like 10 weeks so yeah. Medically, we not quite at full-term yet, but the baby actually has something like a 99% chance of survival outside the womb right now. I figure there's two main hurdles left: the Group B Strep test and the baby turning head-down, both of which will be checked at my 36-week appointment.

Tygan has been awesome, always giving me a massage or heat pack or snack when I ask. He makes sure we have some healthy, easy food on hand, and he's actually taken charge of getting some freezer meals prepared for those early weeks after baby. So grateful to have him!

No comments:

Post a Comment