The weird thing about pregnancy is that being sick is normal, except when it's not. I mean, you're told "If you feel really yucky, there might be a big problem ... or you might just be super pregnant." For example, when I saw articles on Pinterest about how to know whether your water broke or you just wet your pants, I thought, "well it would be obvious, wouldn't it?" I should have known that by thinking that, I was asking for it! So today when I experienced, ah, I'll call it one of the "perks" of late pregnancy, and the signs didn't fall exactly in one category or the other (it's normal vs. call the doctor), it was really frustrating. I'm 80% sure everything is fine, and I decided not to go get checked out, but it is really weird feeling like I don't know my body and can't tell when something is wrong. Starting next week, I'll be having appointments weekly, so I guess that will be comforting.
I can't believe another week has gone by; while I'm sure the final couple weeks will really drag, this trimester has gone by wayyyy more quickly than the first. Yesterday Tygan mentioned we had 30 days until the due date, and I was like whaaaaaaat. You'd think I'd be on top of that, but it really snuck up on me! So I went a little crazy and washed all of the baby clothes and packed some things for the hospital and fretted about the changing pad cover for like an hour.
I'm sleeping pretty well about 5 nights out of 7, I have bouts of heartburn once or twice a day, and baby's movements are still pretty intense, especially in my ribs. Besides the increase in nausea (still not as bad as first trimester), the digestive issues have taken a break this week, so that's been nice! People say I look good (thanks!), so I'm excited to get my maternity photos done tomorrow.
I think that's about it for this week! We're just praying everything stays normal!
No comments:
Post a Comment